Hey everybody, I know we don’t talk much but I thought I’d say yo, and open up about how insanely crazy this year has been. 2014 will go down in history for me. I’ve been pretty nomadic and living minimally with just true necessities. Sheeba, my dog and I moved like four times. DUDE! I bought a car, by myself! That was an epic feat for me anyway. So, that stupid facebook year recap was super inaccurate and I thought it would be cool to share this
1. Launching Outlandish Apparel. Finally got a team assembled so I wasn’t alone with everything and we’re working on getting a house together.
2. Completing and releasing a collaborative zine with Seain Willingham that we worked on for two years via email; DANGEREUX
3. JUXTAPOZ Magazine’s blog featured me! They posted every single illustration I did a few weeks prior to the feature. That was such a pay off for sitting in the cave for days on those. I didn’t know about the post until another artist gave me a shout out on instagram, 4 days later.
4.Daylight Curfew collaboration. We did a limited print release awhile back. So crazy working with the label that works with Adult Swim, Run the Jewels, Toonami, and so much more. We’re still cranking out goodness!
5. All of the fun group shows in San Antonio, San Marcos, and Austin. I met so many great creators and made so many new friends. It was awesome to finally taste the community I belong in. Shout out to Creative Creatures for being too cool. Sweet Peach Collective, I love you all. Cory of Survibe, keep killin’ it man
6.Burning Artists Collective collaboration. This was epic and totally untouched territory for me. I really enjoyed putting together my own collection and peeping my head in yet another new place with new people.
7. Resyn Wakeskates collaboration. It’s so good to see someone else in New Braunfels making moves like this brand Kyle Brown has started.
8. Ninetails X Outlandish Apparel. Never had we felt so home in retail. They welcomed us with open arms and have always been a great bridge in the art scene.
9. RUKUS the local skate shop let me do an impromptu door painting just cause. Those dudes and I go way back so it was cool chillin and reppin my clique.
10. Chloe Lee X Jenkins2d. Chloe makes amazing art, she lives in Kentucky, I’m in Texas. We discovered each others work and jumped on a collab together that was really loose and without any true guidelines. She sent me her illustrations that were cutout and fucking beautifully done. Her work in person really changes things. Anyway, after I got her pieces I did my half and constructed this beauty! Thanks again for the opportunity, we’ll have to do that again.
Fucking 2014 man, I wonder what’s up with 2015?